Hours of Operation
Our Visitor Center & Gift Shop is open 7 days a week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. We’re closed on New Year’s Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Please visit our Tours page for tour times and availabilities.
How To Find Us
We are located at 1820 Amauulu Rd., Hilo, HI 96720. You will be driving on private country roads; some sections of the roads are unpaved but are still safe for small cars. Please keep in mind that Google Maps directions are approximate but not exact. Google shows the Lavaloha Visitor Center on the left side of the road; we are actually on the right hand side of the road. Just look for the signs! In case you get lost or need assistance, please call (808) 987-3649.
Directions from Hilo Airport
1. From the Airport Rd intersection turn RIGHT onto Hawaii Belt Rd/Hwy 11
2. Turn LEFT at the 4-way intersection onto Kamehameha Ave at Ken’s House of Pancakes
3. Continue Northwest on Kamehameha Ave past the HILO FARMERS MARKET
4. Continue straight through the intersection of Waianuenue Ave and Hwy 19, following the curve of the road as it becomes Wailuku Dr
5. Take the second RIGHT, crossing a bridge onto Wainaku St
6. Take the first LEFT onto Amauulu Rd
7. Follow the signs 5 MILES UP Amauulu Rd
What You Should Know
Our Visitor Center & Gift Shop is free and open to the public. We grow our cacao trees and make our chocolate right here on the farm! Our chocolate along with specialty gift items are available for sale. The best way to see the farm is to book a tour. We recommend booking in advance, but walk-ins are welcome if we have space. Our facilities have ample gravel parking. We are wheelchair-friendly and are working towards becoming ADA compliant. We have restroom facilities, but no baby changing station. We offer drinks and light snacks for sale. You are welcome to bring your own lunch and enjoy it on our porch or lawn.
Please keep in mind that our Visitor Center is at 1,000 ft. elevation, so it can feel chilly even on sunny days. Our temperature ranges from about 60-85 degrees Fahrenheit depending on the day. If you’ll be taking a tour, please wear comfortable footwear, bring a light jacket if you get cold easily and dress appropriately for that day’s weather.
Need more information? Please visit our FAQ page for further information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (808) 987-3649!